The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Sunday, September 8, 2013

when everything isn't perfect

For about a month I've had a bout of sinusitis. I even resorted to the doctor and antibiotics when I got a fever. That took care of fever but the allergy situation remains which means I have to take antihistamines and sometimes decongestants. There is very little that drags me out more than that. Oh one thing does-- a bout of sinusitis. Anyway it makes it hard to stay enthusiastic about books or really any kind of thinking. Thinking? what's that? Just something I used to do.

So I've been editing, working on revamping trailers, and generally trying to get my body to remember what it's supposed to be doing-- contrary to what it is doing.

Oh was this supposed to be upbeat as a post? Not like the news is going to do that either... So about all I can put together for the blog here is a piece out of one of my books-- Desert Inferno.

Hey, it's a romance-- gotta be some of that once in awhile in a snippet, right? I created an image for the back of the paperback and the trailer because Jake is not supposed to be the typical handsome type guy. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a a model image of someone who can both look ugly and handsome? It might appear in Google images but not in the sites that sell images royalty free. Let me tell you nearly impossible-- hence I created my own.



“Babe, it’s all biology.”
“I don’t think it is. I think with you and me there was something there that first day and we both could have walked away from it. You would have.”
“And why didn’t you?”
“Because I hadn’t felt it before, that magnetic pull to get close to a man, to learn who they were, to follow the trail where it went with them. I wasn’t sure I ever would again if I walked away from what was possible.”
“What is possible is a dead-end.”
“I won’t deny that could be, but don’t you want to know—for sure? Some things aren’t logical. Feelings don’t always fit facts. Sometimes though they are strong enough to surmount what might seem insurmountable.”
“You think that’s what this is?”
“Jake, ours is a story that hasn’t yet been written. It could be by us.” Her smile was confident and so sexy that he felt as though the wind had been knocked from his lungs. "How would you write our story? If I am the princess, who are you?”
“I wouldn’t write a story about us because there isn’t an us.”
“No imagination,” she teased. “Want to hear mine?”
He shook his head.
“The princess looked over the men in her father’s kingdom and everyone was found wanting for one reason or another. One was handsome, but so boring. Another was pretty but nothing behind his eyes. She had decided she would have no prince at all, no marriage if these were all her choices.”
“Poor little princess,” he teased.
“She was very strong-willed. Then one day she heard of a dragon. Several of the princes suggested they would slay him to win her favor. She felt that was very unfair and went out to meet him for herself.”
“She does sound like you.”
“Be still. Do you want to hear this story or not?”
“If I said no, would you stop?”
“Well, she met him and saw he was indeed fearsome, big, strong, but oh so beautiful in her eyes. She went back to her father and told him that she would have none but the wild dragon.”
“I’m sure her father was thrilled.”
“Well, what could he do—as we have established, she was very stubborn and so he agreed.”
“And then he turned into a handsome prince as soon as they married.”
She laughed, the sound went deep into his soul. It was both joyous and so precious that he wanted to find a way to hold onto the memory of it for when it was gone from him.
She leaned against him, her lips inches from his. "What a terrible ending that would have been when it was the dragon she wanted. A dragon who hadn't ever learned how to love, who was powerful but didn’t realize how powerful. Who was beautiful but thought he was ugly. He stayed a dragon, but her dragon."