The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Thursday, September 19, 2013

creativity and food

Although I haven't written about it before, this was the summer I had to go gluten free. I had been having abdominal pain, figured it was just one of those things and tried all the natural things I knew before I resorted to the doctor who immediately said that with my symptoms, it sounded like food allergy. I had kind of been thinking that way and had cut out the gluten for about a week but what I have learned regarding gluten is taking it away for a week isn't enough because of what it's been doing.

So I went through some other tests to be sure there was nothing else wrong as I began to get an education regarding gluten and how to live without it. It's not easy and most of the time I find it's easier to just eliminate the bread type products than try to find something you can cook or buy that is a substitute.

Making it more difficult for me was needing to also avoid dairy. This is something I had known for sometime as it leads to eczema type breakouts for me. I've cheated and eaten the cheese or used real butter because it seemed worth a few breakouts. What wasn't worth it was if it was also impacting my abdomen.

What i learned about these abdominal problems is that pain isn't from gas. It's inflammation. You really cannot ignore it because it can lead to worse. So I've gotten an introduction to more and more gluten free flours, products, and found that if cooking regularly is a creative challenge, going gluten-free is even more so.

Anyway in the midst of this, I came across this by someone's posting it on Facebook. It's not only funny but lovely. If you've ever tried to go gluten-free, it's even funnier.