Descriptions for heat levels in book list

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Her Dark Angel

Sometimes a book gets its start from a dream as I mention below here. I'll discuss more about how I think we can use dreams in the next blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie said,

I look forward to reading about how to use dreams to write fiction.

Hattie, in the comments section of your main page, mentioned writing about feelings inspired by memories.

Do you write about the emotional impact generated by memories or dreams? Could you comment on how this makes what you write more authentic sounding to the reader as in "write what you know". I imagine this applies to other forms of art, too.

Rain Trueax said...

Julie, absolutely everything a person writes will come from something out of their life and that could well be memories, dreams, experiences that they read about. I did a video on the essence of a writer is a sense of curiosity.

My romances are aimed about a mix of being fairy tales, as in the happy ending, but also about people we could imagine it really happening. Real life can be pretty astounding as you know if you read memoirs. I think of my romances as hybrids for what they are about and from what they come. They are a bit of escapism but try to also deal with real problems that we can all face with ideas for how to get past them. That's the type of book I love to read and what I aim to write.

I do have more coming on using dreams. I wish I could always access mine, but it's a mystery to me as why sometimes I can and other times I can know I dreamed all night not nothing was left when I woke up.