The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Arizona Sunset


What appealed to me about writing this book, set in Arizona Territory 1883, was the way I could relate to the life of Abigail, my heroine. She was trying to do the right thing but feeling trapped by expectations and the conventions of her time. She felt she had no options. And it's not as though she was altogether wrong. Just think about it, that the year my mother was born, 1912, was the first year women in Oregon could vote. Arizona became a state that year but it took fighting for women's right to vote which was won before the year ended. There were cultural constraints on Abigail's life. How does a woman deal with that kind of situation?

Well, she took a risk, a big one. She started off to solve a problem and then ended up with an option which at first seemed temporary but ended up more complex than she had ever dreamed. Freedom comes with a price.

Setting this story in southern Arizona with a great bulk of it in the San Rafael Valley was another plus in the writing. I knew the area well from going there many times over many years. I've always thought I'd love to live there, but it wasn't ever possible. Through my characters I got my chance.
 
Arizona Sunset is available from Amazon for Kindle. 

For the first month the Kindle version will be $3.99 but with October, it'll go to the price I intend for it to stay-- $4.99. Pricing a book is always a tricky issue because you don't want to ask too much, but you also don't want to undersell its value. It's one of those questions with which writers and likely publishers wrestle. I am compromising by having an introductory price. I won't have future sales, as that seems unfair to  buyers who bought it its full price; so if it looks interesting, buy it in September.

For anyone who doesn't have a Kindle, these books can be read on computers and Amazon has a free Kindle app to enable that.

Its paperback is created and available also-- Arizona Sunset. Getting them to coordinate and be there the same day was trickier than it looked. Up until last night I didn't know if it would work but looks good. I will be writing more about CreateSpace and how that works next week as I think they do a great job for the indie writers.


Arizona Sunset has a trailer which is at YouTube (there is a link to a more extended one at the back of the book-- which readers should only view when the book is finished):




The following are a few photos of the region I love so much to share just a bit of why. It is as rugged and beautiful today as it was when my story was set. It wasn't a land ever held by weak people. It still has risks for those who foolishly underestimate it. Danger is part of its beauty and what I hope I have managed to partially capture with my book-- Arizona Sunset