The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Second Chance


Pretty much we decided to create six ebooks as quickly as we could get them properly formatted. We would then decide whether to add the other four. The idea was if the books found readers who liked one, having several up at the same time was good. But then came the question--  would it help to have more?


None of my stories are sequels as such although some do have common characters. When I find a character I really like in a book I have written, I often think about the possibility of using them again with a story of their own. That happened with two characters from Moon Dust.

Barrett Shaeffer was Susan's best friend and confidant in Moon Dust. Actually she was also in Evening Star as a psychologist. I liked her as a strong woman who was a single mom. Who could be her hero? There were several possibilities but only one perfect one-- the one with whom she never should become involved. Why make it easy?

Barrett already has her share of problems with an invasive ex-husband, a nine-year old daughter, and a busy counselling practice. The last thing she wants is a love relationship with the last man she wants-- who turns out to be the one man she needs most.

Although one could read Moon Dust or Second Chance without the other, I do think they work well together.

The owl on the cover is one that got into our garage. My husband was able to catch and release it-- not before I got some good photos.  Originally I had done a digital painting of the couple for this book. With my problem of creating digital covers of the couples which turned out to be unpopular with Forum readers, I began to think of other ways to go. I actually like what's happened to these covers as I think of the symbols that fit the stories.


If you buy the book, you would get both of these covers-- the second one inside. Where I like the idea of symbols, I don't like the idea of canned models with those steroid/gym bodies. If this doesn't prove appealing, I might have to go looking around for people I know but who might fit the stories.  hmmmmmm Too bad my grandchildren aren't older ;)

Book available for Kindle:  Second Chance