The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Friday, March 30, 2012

Montana Dreaming

To find background images that are possibilities for these covers, I've (figuratively as I don't write time travel books) gone back to 2008 where I have so many great photos from Montana and Idaho. I've been copy-pasting them into a file where all the ideas for covers are being accumulated.

We've been back to most of that location since, but 2008 was the year we had the ultimate trip as we first rented a cottage where the Shields River joins the Yellowstone River. Next we got lucky on getting a cancellation and could stay at Roosevelt Lodge for two nights (right near Lamar Valley), from there luck followed us to Old Faithful Inn with a night before we headed to our final prearranged cabin rental on the Henry's Fork River in Idaho. It was the year I got some of the best photos which are proving very usable for these cover backgrounds.

On a personal level, it's disappointing that two of the interesting houses that we rented are no longer vacation rentals. There is nothing I like better than a week at a house on the edge of a good fishing river, with mountains out the backdoor. You can have your hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower. For me, that place is on a river and at the edge or in the middle of wilderness.

Oh I like time in the cities, and those photos prove useful for some of my covers, but to find photos and locations, that bring to life where my stories are set, with my own ability to take the photos, then hike, swim, learn more about fly fishing, well that's the icing on the cake.


I wanta go back but might wait 'til the snow is gone. :)