The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Kathleen Eagle interview

Seeing a writer as they discuss their work has been one of my secret pleasures. You can learn a lot by these discussions and get more of a feel for who the people are behind the words. I have shared a few links here, and this is another that I found informative by romance author, Kathleen Eagle.


Literally I don't remember the first time I read one of her books, but I was very taken with her themes and writing. Listening to this interview is a reminder of why I felt that way. Her stories are set mostly in the west, like Montana or North and South Dakota. She frequently writes about cowboys, and Native Americans-- her accuracy is helped by her long time marriage to a Lakota Sioux. She brings a reality to her romances that have always made them both romantic but with a feel that this could be.

If you are interested in being a writer, not necessarily even of romance, I think you will find this interview worth your half an hour as she discusses from where her ideas come as well as her process. I especially liked the last thing she was asked regarding a motto for writing. (also if you have a slower service, put the link on and then click pause to let it buffer. It makes for a much more harmonious outcome (got that one from my granddaughter on methodology and the term harmonious outcome from the Tom Selleck western film, Crossfire Trail).

She left the discussion with one piece of advice--

Writers Write!