The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Friday, August 24, 2012

India now part of the Kindle networking system

In my email was notice that India has been added by Amazon to the Kindle network. Welcome to my readers from India. Although I have backed off from actively pushing my contemporary romances because of working on the new ones, they are still available; and I hope new readers will still find them now and then.

Anyone who makes it to this site can see the ten contemporary stories of romance and American life alongside this blog where clicking on their icon takes the reader to more information and how to purchase-- or occasionally gotten for free when I have posted that here.

I realize there is resistance to eBooks. I hear the talk regularly from those who fear they will do away with paper versions, even threaten libraries. In reality it just gives readers more options while it has let a lot more writers get in the door without having to compromise their stories to what a publishing house expects.


A good example are two of my eBooks both set in Portland, Oregon. The first, Moon Dust, deals with some painful subjects, divorce, militia groups, education today, and most importantly adult repercussions of abuse.

It is followed by Second Chance, with some of the same characters, set in the world of wildlife rehabilitation, as it continues to look at how healing comes to those who have experienced abusive childhoods.


Admittedly these are tough topics, but they are placed into stories with adventure. relationship, and the search for love (some healthy sexuality but not erotica) which I think mitigates some as they also inform. Who says we can't enjoy while we learn?   

Moon Dust, however, was just too tough a topic for a publishing house to want to put out as a romance-- at least that is what they wrote back when they rejected it after suggesting possible changes that might change their minds-- like gut the story.  I never tried with Second Chance which although it stands alone, I think is more meaningful when having read Moon Dust first.

I let these stories go until along came a new opportunity where the books can be there for those who find tough topics a challenge and not a turnoff or who benefit from considering how healing might come to their own lives.

Anyway, welcome to readers from India to the Kindle world and whether my books prove to be a temptation, I am sure others will. We don't have to stop buying paper. I still do; but with eBooks we have two ways to read.