The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Monday, April 16, 2012

Another Trailer

In between other things I was doing, I began gathering images for a new trailer.  My goal in the beginning of doing these was one that listed all the books and two for individual books. I decided the second should be 'Desert Inferno.' It was an easy pick because it's in Arizona, a state I much love and the first contemporary I ever wrote.

Deciding how to limit the images to put into a video is tough. I am not sure what other authors do but I opted for an image of each main character and then symbolic photos that would say more about that person or the situation in the book.

The hardest part for this one was finding an image for Jake. He is supposed to be a good solid 6'4" and solid muscle. Tall is not hard to find because you have no idea how tall anybody is if they are by themselves in a photo. But what was harder was he's also supposed to be seen as ugly by many people including himself. Big rugged and not handsome man wanted.

What you find in stock photos are either boys (Jake is no boy), handsome or average. Finding the kind of face I wanted became impossible; so I had to create it using a stock image and altering the features. The face had to both be appealing but at the same time rough enough to make him and others see him as not attractive. That's not an easy balance to find. If he doesn't look like he can take care of himself and anybody around him, it won't work.

Finding a young woman doing a sketch was perfect for the love interest. The image looked as beautiful as I imagined Rachel. I also got one of the two of them kissing in the desert (well I had to set them into my desert) which could be during their race for life or earlier. It looked right for what it suggested.

For this trailer, I also wanted a villain. I got lucky on that one and found a strong looking image which makes Diego Ramirez an even stronger adversary than I had imagined.

The other objects in the video are all from my own photos, most from Arizona.