The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

from The Enchantress' Secret


John Cordova is a neighbor of the hero of my next book. A Yaqui and a Vietnam  veteran, with his own secrets, he is a friend that Nick will need.

The Enchantress' Secret should be available for eBooks the end of May or first of June.

><>< 

   Before she could answer, there was a knock on the door. Nick rose and walked to it and ushered in an old man who looked faintly familiar to Denali. “Do I know you?” she asked before Nick had a chance to introduce them.
   “Ain’t seen you in a lot of years but yeah. I remember you with a lot of blonde hair at one of the deer dances, with your grandma and sisters.”
   “John.” She smiled. “I do remember you. Good to see you again.”
   “Maybe not so good. I saw the policeman here again. Didn’t want to disturb you two but got to worrying what that meant.” Nick poured them each a glass of wine, as Denali told him of the new murder.    
   “It’ll be in the papers tomorrow probably. Hopefully not with an arrest of a possible suspect.”
   “There any reason they’d suspect you?” Without telling him how he had found out, Nick told him that he had known the girl and where.“Oh yeah, that one,” John said as he sipped the wine, his eyes narrowing as he considered. He looked from Denali to Nick. “She was around here, lurking in corners, putting herbs above your door.”
   “I never saw that.”
   “You wouldn’t,” John chuckled. “I took ‘em down. Blasted little witch wasn’t going to get you that way.”
   “What kind of herbs?” Denali asked.
   “Let me think. Bay, cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, verbena. She left a potion once. I took it too. Threw it in the garbage.”
   “Why did you do that?” Denali asked.
   “Because she meant wrong by my friend. I wasn’t going to let her use the flowers wrong neither.”
   “Why didn’t you tell me?” Nick asked.
   “I knew you didn’t believe—so what would be the point?”
   “And you do believe in it?” Nick asked with disbelief.
   “Might. Just better not taking a chance. You know she took your picture too.”
   “No, I didn’t. I never saw her.”
   “Maybe she had an invisibility shield,” Denali suggested looking at John thoughtfully, “but you penetrated it.”
   John took a big swallow of his wine. “Guess I did.” He looked at her. “You’re a witch too. I knew that first time I saw you but the real deal, a good witch, one born to it, ain’t you?”
   She nodded. “As was my grandmother and great grandmothers. It is on both sides for my sisters and me as the one side has the Yaqui shaman magic. Like you”
   He smiled. “Powerful combination. Dangerous in the wrong hands.”
   “We understand that. Do you do magic, John?”
   He shook his head. “Not since… No.”
   “But you did once.”
   He looked uneasy. “Maybe but no more.”
   “But if there was a storm coming, you might again if the need arose.”
   The old man looked at her and then shook his head. “Don’t want to.”
   “I understand that. It’s a lot of responsibility but sometimes, it has to be done ... for good.”
   He sucked in a breath. “I’ll leave you two.” He looked back at Denali. “Glad he’s got you until he’s ready to understand all that he faces.” With that he was gone.