The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Her Dark Angel

While I am writing the seventh Arizona historical, I've also been trying to put together a board which indicates how the contemporary suspense romances fit together. Although I've indicated some of these characters appear in several books, this is the first time I've tried to show how that works using the arrows. Each book stands alone but sometimes a secondary character seems so interesting that they just have to have their own book. That kind of writing goes fast since I already know the characters from their earlier appearances.



I suppose some might think Her Dark Angel would be supernatural given all the vampire books out there. It's not. It's just the heroine's nickname for the hero.

Snippet:



          He felt like slapping himself. "I shouldn't have said it that way."
          "I know," she said, stepping back into his arms, "but you wouldn't be my dark angel if you always responded with a smile and a sweet comment."
          He laughed. "Dark angel?"
          "It's what I started calling you when I first met you. Dark for that wicked side of you I felt so tempted by and angel for that face that can look so innocent when it suits your purposes."
          "And I call you sweetness," he rebuked.
          "With equally good reason." She reached up and kissed him before she turned to look down at her daughters, waving when they saw her. "Do you think I should send them up to Mother and Dad’s for a few weeks?"
          He tried to think. "They should be safe here with Roberta and Johnny... although. Damn, I don’t know. Are you sure you have to go?"
          "Yes."
          He had hoped he and Katy could take a week-end together, a week-end that would cement their marriage, make them man and wife in every way, but it didn't look like anything was going to be easy for them.
          "We should also tell my mother we are married," she said. "You know what that will mean?"
          "I shudder to ask. Is she going to prove more dangerous than Brudder?"
          She laughed. "Not quite, but you might think so."
          "Okay, tell me the worst."
          "Well, first she'll be upset, but the next thought that will cross her mind is the need for a reception."
          He felt a cold chill. "A what?"
          "You know exactly what. Likely a dinner and reception where people come and congratulate us on our wedding, unorthodox as it might have been."
          "Are you sure she'll want to do that? I suspect she'd rather forget I existed and that wedding isn't going to please her one bit."
          "Too true, but that isn't why she'll want to have a big affair. She'll want everything to look proper."
          "Where it comes to me, impossible."