The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

snippet from Love Waits

photo from the trailer for the book with a compilation of one of my background shots, models from CanStock , and Period Images.
Sometimes the secondary characters in my books are children. I enjoy writing about them and use not only my memories of raising my own two but also my time with grandchildren. In the book I just edited, which will be out December 21st, there were several children. Two of them were being mostly raised by a relatively new governess. They had a father who was distant and a mother who had died, although what exactly happened to their mother was vague through part of the book. Here's a snippet one of them talking to the heroine from early in the story.

 ~~~


“Belle?”

She was surprised to hear Jeremy’s small voice. “What?” she asked stroking his hair.

“You had a gun today.”
“Well, yes.”
“And then you took care of that soldier who had been hurt.”
“Yes, I did that too.”
“You know a lot of things.”
She smiled as she reached over to brush the hair off his forehead. “A few.”
“Could you teach me things?”
She felt a flush of warmth. She had not intended to love these two children, but the months she had spent as their governess, it had happened. “I could if your father didn’t mind.”
“He doesn’t care what I do.” His voice was not sad or even mad. It was just a stated fact. Sadly, he was right. William Forester did not appear to love his children. Why then had he wanted them to come to Canyon City? Perhaps part of his ruse. She didn’t hate him. She didn’t care enough about him to hate him. Disdain rather suited what she felt for such a cold man.
“Yes, Jeremy, I could teach you those things along with literature, history, and mathematics.”
“Jer.”
“Jer?”
“I’d rather you called me Jer. It’s what my friends called me back when he let me go to school.”
She felt a kindred sadness for Jeremy. She had left home earlier than many, but in her case, it was by choice. Jeremy had been pushed into boarding schools and now disrupted from them by this journey to Canyon City with no clear idea why he was wanted there. “I will do that, Jer,” she said. “Now sleep. It’ll be a long day tomorrow.”