The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Moon Dust and a new cover

One of the aspects to publishing your own books is the need to come up with covers that depict the story in a way that will entice a reader to look at the sample and then buy the book. I've tried quite a few different images for Moon Dust with nothing quite saying all I wanted.

The book is complicated because it's about a marriage on the rocks as well as about sexual abuse and its adult ramifications. The hero is a high school principal who is dealing with militia driven youth gangs. I labeled it romantic suspense but it is also emotional suspense. It's not hard to see why romance readers turn their noses up at it. Many are looking for a relaxing read. Although I believe Moon Dust is a positive book, it does deal with difficult subjects. 

Recently I came across an image that inspired me to try a new cover for it. Don't ask me how many this book has had. The new one depicts the conflicted emotions of the hero and heroine, and it's set in the new apartment the heroine has acquired. She is looking to recreate herself after she opts to leave her marriage-- even though she still loves her husband

I went looking through CanStock for an apartment and found the perfect one for my interior decorator heroine. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the whole image as book covers are vertical, but I wanted to share it here as I think it'd be great for a downtown apartment, which is where she moved when she left her husband. It says a lot about the new her.


I have always had two sides to me. One would love a very modernistic room like this one. The other wants a rustic cabin in the mountains. While I'd love an apartment in downtown Portland where I'd look out at the lights of the city and see Mt. Hood in the distance, I also love my country life, where we raise livestock.

This is the new cover with an attempt to show the conflict and love between these two people who will have to not only fight for their marriage but also for survival.


 As part of reintroducing the book, I also created a new video for it on YouTube. I do trailers for all my books. Sometimes, as I get a better way of showing the book, the trailer needs a redo also-- Moon Dust Trailer.