Wednesday, February 4, 2015

discussing Rose's Gift

Don't do a video to sell something. I am not that convinced they work for that. Do it because you like multiple ways to communicate. Do it because it's fun-- if it's not, don't do it. For me, creating a video is interesting-- even when it does not work so well. Sometimes it just doesn't fly, and I leave it to come back another day. It does require being in the right or should that be 'write' mood. 

For reasons of sound control, I mostly have used the webcam above my computer. I keep thinking I'll do one outside with a camera but so far have not. My preparation is pretty much to look at what is behind me. I prefer it to not be cluttered, pillows where they belong, etc. For this one I already had the maps up for the fifth Arizona historical; so they weren't going down. I don't write a script or create an outline, which means sometimes I blow it. I don't write anything down because I want it to feel like a conversation, not a lecture. Ideally it should feel as if you and I were sitting across a table from each other, and I was telling you about something of interest to me. Of course, you don't get a word in-- until it's over anyway.

I generally have music on for background. I've noticed that with it, the log truck that might pass by, is not noticed. It appears to modulate sound.

For awhile I did more of these, because as much as I love books, I am a visual person who loves talking-- yes, introverts can love talking ;). It though has been quite awhile since I created one (October when I looked).  

The topic for this one is Rose's Gift, my first eBook about a senior citizen-- some say elder... others the elderly. Rose is sixty; so you decide. I liked writing a story about a woman who wasn't young and yet-- she wasn't done either. I could say more here but why not watch the video. 

Incidentally, if you have a slow system, one way to watch these is hit the arrow to start; then put it on pause for a minute or so, while you go off to get a cup of coffee or tea and it buffers. My granddaughter taught me that one.


2 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I just finished reading Rose's Gift and really enjoyed it. In fact, I'm featuring the book on my blog tomorrow for The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings on Friday. You're welcome to come by and respond to comments if you'd like.
http://sandranachlinger.blogspot.com/2015/02/roses-gift-friday-56-and-book.html

Rain Trueax said...

Wow, Sandra. Thank you very much. That means a lot to me. I'll definitely come by. :)