The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

True love means?


 Venus and Buddha slowly emerge from the seas snow..

Loss of electricity means a lot of what I regularly do does not happen-- like writing on the new novella. We do have wood heat. We have lots of candles, a kerosene lamp, camping gear if required. What we didn't have was internet, as our hot spot which works great on trips is no help when you live where there is no cell phone coverage.

So with the battery from the trailer, I am able to be on once in awhile. We actually had a very nice generator... that is we thought it was very nice until it stopped working. Lucky we have the big RV batteries. Hopefully the power guys will get it back up. They keep saying in 48 hours-- except they've been saying that since Saturday night... Makes you not have much faith-- that and there are these scattered outages across the valley.

So in times like this, I have backups-- things I found interesting but hadn't run. They're easier than writing something longer that might get lost...

When we think about falling in love, which is what romances are ALL about, we are torn as realistic human beings-- unhappy or happy ending? Well a romance will have a happy ending. It's mandatory. But does life? Sometimes my best answer is-- how do we define happy?

There is the beginning...



There is then the other side-- I recently saw a set of articles on Ted Turner who is turning 75. I mean, my gosh, this guy is the romantic hero of today. He's complex, not easy to be with, has a tortured past, and has had a lot of romances. The most famous was with Jane Fonda. As soon as I mention her name, I know how many righties will scream their rage (It's as bad as talking about Custer to a leftie). Okay, I get it but you know nothing is as simple as some want to think it is.


To see that whole story, you have to look at the videos alongside where she talks about their love and what went wrong.. or did it since they had a marriage that lasted 10 years.  How do we see that? Happy ending? Or not?

There are a ton of stories like this which leads to many writers writing only unhappy endings as though that's the reality of life. Is it? Are romances not possible to end in a happily ever after?

When I write a book like 'Tucson Moon' I have to believe this couple could make it work. Whether they end up with a lifetime of fifty years, which my husband and I will have if we last until next September, or whether it means an intense love that fills the skies with its energy.. who is to say...


The story of Cord and Priscilla, and yes, I believe it's their story (give or take a lie or two) will end when the book does. Does their story end there?