Descriptions for heat levels in book list

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Friday, March 15, 2013

Oregon Coast

In the midst of a lot of research and writing a manuscript that will deal with Oregon after the Civil War, we had made reservations to share a beach house with long time friends. We have rented this particular place four times with them. 

It's hard to take a break when creative work is going well, but it was a lot of fun, lots of laughter, as well as a creative time with good conversations and food. The house we stay in sits above a private cove with a rich ocean ecosystem. Because of the rocks, the waves are always changing direction and action. Just being there recharges creative juices-- even though the book I am writing has nothing to do with the ocean.

We had some wonderful discussions on creativity, art and process, as my friend is a painter where I have had great interest in what she does and she's very encouraging of my writing. Our husbands met in college when working in a chemistry lab as freshmen. My husband I met as sophomores and I met her after she began dating him. We were in Arizona for a year with them while our husbands worked to get Master's Degrees at the UofA. After we moved back north, she and I exchanged letters as our families grew. then they moved closer and now she and I get together most frequently through the Internet.

The only possible thing I could wish for with the beach house is that it had a desk as even though I brought my laptop, when she was painting, I just watched the ocean, chatted and tried to get the perfect wave photo. If I was going to spend a week at the Coast, a desk would be on my have-to-have list.

Following are photos from along the Central Oregon Coast March 10-12th.


I have to say it's hard now to get back into my regular writing routine. My mind is flying off too many directions but I'll get it together-- soon... I hope. In the meantime, I'll try to write a few blogs ahead of time for when the story begins to flow again.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Great photos...may you could make a collage with that background for your next book cover. I do think that a break in creative work is necessary for more creative work.

Rain Trueax said...

You are right, Tabor. Also it's given me time to think about structure regarding this particular book, reminded me of some things I knew and considering where that structure is right now in the story. When writing one can just buzz along and lose track sometimes of the bigger picture. Often editing later does that for me, but so can a break.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

For me The three nights and four days was a break from my current direction preparating for a May and June exhibit. The paintings of the ocean were satisfying me while I was making them. I tricked myself into thinking I could put them in the exhibit. Then when I came home I quickly unpacked and was back at work on my show. The ocean paintings will go into some future as yet unscheduled exhibit.
While working intensly on my creative journey little diversions are easy to continue the creative flow. No that is not at all true usually. Maybe it helped to bring an incomplete painting of the ocean for warm up.