The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

mustaches and such

After writing on heroes and heroines, I thought about some of the no-nos where it comes to the model photos which frustrate me as they are not what I think make for attractive people. From what I can tell though readers have a different take on this.

One no no is mustaches on men before they reach old age. What on earth is wrong in our country that we don't have movie stars who wear mustaches? Yes, there areTom Selleck and Sam Elliot but anybody else? I love mustaches on a man and yet, it's not what I can describe in a book if I hope to sell it to romance readers.

It's okay as I'll continue imagining these guys with nice mustaches, not the overdone handlebar type and not the little skimpy, pimp type but a solid, masculine, he-man mustache like John Wayne had in Rio Grande-- the movie where I think he was the best he ever got for looks.


When I write historical books, I know back then that very few men of mature years were without facial hair. Originally I wrote most of them with mustaches... and removed the reference when I recently edited them.


I will still imagine these guys with their mustaches and any reader who likes facial hair, can do the same-- and hair on the chest... another big plus in my eyes. I won't say I want to see hair all over a man's body. There can be too much, but nice hair on a masculine chest-- give me that any day over that waxed look that appears to be so popular with the male models today. Yeah no hair does enable more visibility of those muscles but a hairy chest is so macho. Doesn't that count?

To add to the silliness of our times and how hard it must be for men, who care what women find desirable (where women don't agree), I came across this video which I thought was funny. The movie would probably be good but not sure I'll see it since we have dropped Netflix for now anyway.