The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Going with the flow


A long week-end in Central Oregon with the family was a relaxing time. It was a welcome break to drive over the snowy Cascades (route plotted thanks to the highway cams). It was icy whichever way we went, but the reward was in not only warm family time but blue skies and snow.

We had reservations in Sunriver for a large house we've rented before that has a hot tub, three king-sized bedrooms, each with their own bathroom as well another bath and a half, a very nice kid area with four bunk beds, large sofa, wii, and their own big screen TV. Summer renters have 12 bikes they can borrow and passes for swimming pools and tennis courts.

Our winter activities ranged from cooking, followed by eating, walks, snowshoeing, sledding, ice skating, shopping, photography, drives, museum visiting, games, football playoffs, the Inauguration, and just hanging out.  We flowed in different directions with everybody doing what pleased them most which makes it particularly nice when you have so many age groups-- from just over 5 to almost 70.

Although I don't play games often anymore, the kids convinced me to try Cranium and I was impressed enough that I want to buy it. It's creative, funny, and makes you think. It works for kids and adults although the five-year old felt a bit out of it. At the rate he's developing, it won't take him long to be actively involved.

I enjoy the time with the kids and grandkids, but I was glad also for the time to think more about the story I had begun before I left the ranch. I had written 20,000 words and sometimes it's hard to leave something when you are getting a feel for it; but this time I think a break enriched what will come next. I did a lot of mental planning that I feel quite good about. A friend asked, do you take notes so you won't forget the ideas. I never need that as it's like I see what's coming; and for me, it becomes as real as having watched it in a movie.

Oregon High Desert Museum-- Butterfly and Hummingbird room

We came home to livestock well-tended by the substitute Farm Boss. In the house at first we thought the cats were all okay but then began to wonder if BB, our eldest, was on his way out. He didn't want to eat, only wanted to sleep. We thought if he is, we will let this be as long as he's in no discomfort. We are not sure of his age since he came to us as a stray; but if the veterinarian who first examined him (2001) was right, he's probably 16 or 17. Whatever the case, unless he shows symptoms of something, we will let nature take its course.

When his time does come I will miss my beautiful black hunk. Because of how he came into my life, he's been very special to me. But when you have pets, you have to accept eventually losing them as part of the price. He's had a great life with us although I know he'd rather die in Arizona and be buried there. We actually thought he might die after the long drive down but he was rejuvenated by his desert.


I may never get to see him do this again (as he did this December when in Tucson), and I admit I get teary at the thought. I equally though feel so blessed I ever had him part of my life so whether his life with us continues or ends soon, I know I am the lucky one. Whatever happens, it's part of the flow of life.