The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Friday, July 27, 2012

animals are part of the story

There is not much that I like better than when a reader reminds me that I missed something. It's a real plus for writers to have those who are astute enough to catch such omissions. In this case, I got the word that when I did the trailer about inspiration for From Here to There, I had missed an important character.

That was sooooooooooo true, and I realized it was big enough to want to immediately correct the problem. Hobo, Amos's dog and a major part of ranch life is very much a part of the book.

He was inspired by a dog I had known years ago. He lived next door to us when our children were babies. Sometimes I'd go for a walk in the neighborhood, and Hobo would come with me which probably wasn't so great for leash laws, but he wasn't my dog and I hadn't invited him. He was intelligent, loving and very much the inspiration for the Hobo in From Here to There.

So I went looking for the right personality of dog on CanStock as I had no photos of Hobo from so many years before. When I found it, I redid the trailer as it was obvious it wasn't finished without him.