The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Golden Chains


David Bannister, who has for a long time been working for various investigative agencies, arrives at the small Liberal Arts College Ravenwood prepared to go undercover to discover a murderer. His motives for coming to this school are not just because of his job but also to reconnect with his ex-wife who is a professor there.

When he shows up at Raven's class, she is shocked that David would be economically reduced to taking a school modeling job but has no excuse to refuse him. He is handsome enough to make a very good model-- if a tempting one. She just has to deal with those pesky feelings she still has for the man she hasn't seen for so many years.

Thinking that taking on the identity as a model was bad enough, a job set up for him by his prankster partner, David learns worse is ahead when he finds out a model for a life drawing class is nude.

David was in my earlier story, Desert Inferno, where he was also an agent, who competed half-heartedly with Jake for Rachel, and ended up being nearly killed. I liked his toughness under a smooth style, his willingess to do what he needed to do, and yes, his sometimes manipulative personality. He appealed to me so greatly that I began to wonder about his back story.

While every story I write has things that I like better than anything I have ever written, the ones where the characters are in the art community probably are among my favorites. Golden Chains is one of those. In it, I had the opportunity to write about being an artist and to discuss art philosophy; its theme enriched by Greek mythology.

Basing it in the Portland area allowed me to write about some places I love while my characters deal with solving a vicious murder. So some sex, some fun, art discussions, nature, and the kind of home I'd love to own.

Find it on Kindle at Golden Chains

More discussion of the writing of the  book at Romance with an Edge