The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Montana Christmas

Winter Solstice is tomorrow. I've had mention of it in a couple of books, but the most is in A Montana Christmas, 99¢ until January 1. 



The heroine of From Here to There has decided to bring her husband's family to Montana with the hope there can be healing and reconciliation. It won't be easy. This snippet is when she is talking to her cousin's wife, also her best friend, about her plans. 

The novella, A Montana Christmas, is 99¢ until January 1, 2017
><><><><

“How many are you expecting now?” Nancy asked as they popped the first cookies into the oven.
“Overnighters or Christmas Day dinner?” She sat at the table as she looked for the recipe for biscotti.
“Both.”
“Okay not so many for staying. Phillip’s mother, Linda. Derek, his brother and for sure Laurie but not sure right now about Rita. That was still iffy. So I need to put up three at Uncle Amos’s and his mother here. I think. Or do you think that works?”
“And you feed that crew for five days? Would you all like to come to our place one night?”
“That might help if it’s not too much for you. You have your hands full too.”
“My cooking will be easy since we go to his folks for Christmas Eve dinner. So I can bring whatever you’d like for Christmas.”
“I can figure it out. Will you guys come over for the Solstice celebration?”
Nancy giggled. “Solstice and Emile. Let me count the ways that could go wrong.”
“I absolutely promise, cross my heart, no naked dancing around a bonfire.”
“So how do you celebrate it?”
“To be honest I only have a vague idea as I’ve never done it in a group and my idea of what Phillip and I have done doesn’t translate.” She laughed. “My thinking is it should be with candles and a fire to bring back the light. It’s primitive and pagan. Does that make it evil?”
“Like a Christmas tree perhaps?” Nancy asked with a knowing smile.
“Exactly. What I think we do, since the naked reveling is out, is burn a log as the Yule log in the fireplace although I’m a little unsure how we get a Yule log. We play some board games, drink spiced cider, and I hide the hard liquor in the kitchen as we are trying to get Rafe off the booze. Linda had an alcohol problem at one time, so probably better not to tempt her either. Obviously I am not drinking anything but the milk of motherly kindness.” She made a saintly bow.