The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

all the reasons

Romances are about attraction but also overcoming obstacles. Some of them come from outside the couple. For others, it can be the very nature of their personalities and goals which become the greatest obstacles. How can two different people bind themselves together in a way that will last a lifetime? Here's one of the discussions where the couple, from Where Dreams Go, are wrestling this through:

~~~~~~~

   "Good morning," he said as he dismounted.
   "What are you doing out riding?" she asked, leaning on the hoe. “Seems to me you promised to take it easy for a few days.”
   "It’s been a few days. A few days too many," he said, taking the hoe from her and kissing her soundly on the lips. "And this is day one in the new plan," he told her as he walked her back to the cabin.
   "New plan?"
   "I’ve thought this through. You had a lot of reasons why we shouldn’t be together.”
   “Well, obviously I’ve thought better of that as we are together,” she reminded him, putting her arms around his waist and pulling him to a stop.
   “Yes, but you haven’t set a date to marry me. Today we start on one of those questions that you say are going to stand between us. We work our way through those things and," he kissed her nose, "in a week or less, we can start making wedding plans."
   She shook her head. "I can't believe you. Things can't be worked out that fast.”
   “Sure they can. We take them one a day. Are there more than seven doubts?"
    “I never counted them up, but I don’t see how we can really dispose of these kind of things in any set number of days."
   “Don’t you believe your god created this earth in six days?” He started her walking again.
   “The Bible says so.”
   “You think your obstacles are bigger than creating an earth.”
   She giggled. “Well, maybe not, but you are definitely not a god.”
   “I’ll give you that. How about though you give my plan a chance, and if it fails, we move onto plan two.”
   "There’s a second plan?" she asked as he pushed her up the steps.
   "Yeah, but you don't get to find out what it is unless the first one fails--which it won’t."
   "You are pretty confident,” she said with amusement. “All right, how do we begin?"
   "I’ll finish hoeing your garden while you pack us a picnic lunch; then we go for a ride into the hills."
   "You shouldn’t be riding far."
   "I won't. We'll just head up the river a ways, find a big pool and picnic there."
   "What happens then?" she asked, with a smile.
   "I ply you with all the reasons we should get married right away, and you argue with me about everything that stands between us. Then... Well, I guess you'll have to wait to see what happens then."
   "It sounds risky."
   "It will be. I promise,” he said, heading back to finish that hoeing.
   “Don’t cut off any of my herbs,” she warned.
   He grinned. “Not a chance. Uh what does that one look like that you put in that herbal tea you fed me last week?”
   “Adam!” she remonstrated.
   “Just joking.”