The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Smart Girls Read Romance

Earlier I wrote about joining an author group and my first article there would be the 22nd. Well, tomorrow it goes up and here is the link to the group--  


The monthly schedule is posted there with a different author every two days. It seems to be pretty loose for what the authors post, which can be from their lives or their work. So if you are interested in writing and what inspires it, this is a good blog to check in on.

What I liked about joining this group is how it promotes not only the idea of reading romances but also helps readers understand what lies behind the words. Romance has been a disrespected genre and yet it sells a lot of books. I think there are reasons. In a positive way, it's not just about boy meets girl; but it has an energy that can positively add to the lives of its readers. Whatever genre a reader prefers, it has energy; and it's wise if the reader understands what that energy will be giving them.

For my first post, I figured I should have it be about myself as although I do know some of these authors, I don't know how many know me. I have written before how difficult writing a profile can be. I played around with writing a couple of versions before I realized there was one I still consider important about me as well as what I write. It surprised me how much was from my growing up years. I say surprised because I don't often look back (which complicates writing profiles). 

Whether we look back, those experiences are there. They are part of the way we think and live. There are some who look at their childhood and make danged sure they don't have any of that in their adulthood-- but isn't that still impacting them? 

For someone like me, who grew up on the edge of wilderness, with lots of time for my imagination to run wild-- as well as myself, I see how much it impacts who I am as well as what I wanted in my life and how I raised my own children.

So return to that link tomorrow, and you will see how I resolved my problem of introducing what was important about me, what influenced the books I write-- and it how it all went to the girl growing up in hills at the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge. It's changed-- and yet nothing really has :).




I should add that those bummer lambs, which my brother and I were feeding (bummer means they were either rejected or orphaned), often grew up to chase me across the orchard requiring a leap onto a rock wall or climbing a tree to avoid being butted. Letting a sheep (especially a wether (neutered male), become a pet can lead to that sort of behavior-- another life lesson...