The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Thursday, April 10, 2014

outside my window

Even though I really thought I'd take a break from writing, I didn't actually do that. I did an edit of the paranormal novella, 34,000 some odd words, due out the end of April and went right from that into writing the third paranormal in that series.

This actually happened because I began to wonder how I'd make this work. I had figured out the heroine and who the monsters would be; but it all seemed pretty complex. I had to get into it to get a feel for it; and then, as so often happens, I got the feel. Which means despite our beautiful weather, I have been writing more hours a day than I had expected. 

It is a wonderful spring in my part of the Pacific Northwest. I look out my window, sniff the air (other than the allergy issues) and just love it. I used to say summer was my favorite season, but I am learning now that it's spring. 

Spring is when things change so fast and in a positive way. Trees and bushes are budding out. The grass is growing. Bulbs are pushing from the ground to yield lovely flowers. Every day is a little bit longer. 

So instead of writing more here about the monsters and danger I am entwining into this love story, I thought I'd share some photos from around here. I am having a hard time finding good monster photos anyway-- the royalty free kind that I can use in a trailer. Writing their part of the story has been actually fun as the stories by the tribes yield a lot of material as to the personalities of their gods, monsters, witches and ghosts. 

Why aren't these beings still around? Is that a problem to them? What might bring them back into a power with which to be reckoned? That's what this new story is about-- well that and a love story. If I find some good-- that is bad images to use, I'll share them in the blog also... 

In the meantime, this is my part of the world-- outside my keyboard and monitor at least.