The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ghosts of the forest-- and imagination

 "If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep walking." Buddhist Proverb


As we ready my western, historical romance, Outlaw's Lady, for Kindle and try to decide whether to put it out, when to put it out, I am also looking at my life in a lot of ways. Some of it is to just keep plugging away; but in other areas, it's evaluate and reevaluate.

My dreams have been particularly creative and lush with a mix of ideas and what's going on. I wake up thinking about where the plot should go for the book I am writing. Mostly I know the general answers, but it's in the details where it's fun. I wake up with scenes and dialogue which I am not writing down yet because it's all in flux. When I dream with such vivid imagery, I am always grateful.

For my own reality, my daily choices, it's about finding creative inspirations and not just for the books (those are being helped through research and collecting images). I am reevaluating everything from the minuscule to the mighty. I thought this link was kind of interesting given how I see things right now. I am not totally into astrology, as in treating it as gospel, but I do like reading opinions for what a period of time can be used to accomplish-- like this one for October.


It is exactly as I was already feeling when I came across the link.

The photo above was taken by our positioned, wildlife camera. Since we saw the cougar prints at the back where the cattle are using leased land, we wanted to see what else was there. Turns out we got some nice photos of the elk as they crossed the creek. There were a lot more of elk hide close up, an elk's nose, and it almost looks like they saw the camera and using saliva purposely blurred further images. Very cool photos as they napped there. These guys are the ghosts of the forest and about the only time we see them is at a distance or with our stealth cam. Be sure you don't miss seeing the one on the other side.

One year we were walking up the hill behind our farm and we saw them below, on the land where we now have cattle grazing (and elk tearing down the electric fence lines). They were gamboling and playing in the little pools where the mist was rising and making it like a dream sequence. At that distance, and with no camera, they evaded having their fun photographed. Not this time though!