The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Lands of Fire book trailer

From the time I learned book trailers were possible, I've made one for all my books. I am not convinced they are a sale's device, but they are fun to make, require me to think about the essence of the story, and are a challenge. I think I have mentioned I am also an amateur photographer, painter and sculptor. It's not hard to see how images are something I enjoy bringing to my books

Below is the one for Lands of Fire, which should be out November 5th although with Amazon, when you don't do a pre-release, exact times are iffy. 

In 1902, Jesse Taggert was considered to be slow-witted which is the word I use for him in the trailer. That does not mean stupid. He had abilities and ways of seeing things that someone who 'thinks faster' might not have. The movie Forrest Gump, which I saw for the first time after I'd written Lands of Fire, illustrated how someone can be slow in one way but in other ways, see more deeply than someone who maybe thinks too fast. Jesse is not the usual hero for romance novels, but he's every bit the hero in all the ways that count. 

The music for this trailer is something I found on JewelBeat. For me, it perfectly suits this story, which is western and set in Arizona's Sonoran Desert. This is a land that is beautiful, rugged and never simple.


Heat level: ♥♥♥♥ with some mild profanity and strong language

Buy links:

Sale $2.99 from launch now through November 12th 
before it goes to regular price of $3.99