The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Saturday, December 15, 2012

the desert smells like rain

After five days of intensive writing, I did finish the Christmas novella with editing its 25,000 words my main concern now. I really haven't felt like writing anything about it though with the horror of the school shooting seeming to swallow me. How do we get past this kind of thing without feeling severely depressed, sorrow for the parents, the children and concern for what do we do about it? This attacks us all as who doesn't feel empathy when children are attacked wherever we see it.

Despite all those emotions, I did keep editing the Montana Christmas story because sometimes, when there is nothing we can really do about something, that's the relief-- to move to a different realm. Fiction can be that realm unless it's depressing-- one reason I like romances.

We have had rain in Tucson. Some of it quite heavy. There are two things I love about the desert that are not the norm. One is when it rains because it makes the desert smell so good. The other is the month of August which combines rain, thunder storms and heat. Almost every time we come to Tucson, we do get some rain, but it doesn't last long. Just a day or two and then gone. I totally enjoy it while it's here as does the land.