The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Echoes from the Past


For anyone interested in getting the eBook Echoes from the Past, it will still be $2.99 on its release day, 8/5/15. Then, August 6th it goes to $3.99. (This book has some strong language and mild profanity. It has spice with a heat level of ♥♥♥♥.)

The fifth Arizona historical, set in 1901, is the first romance for the Taggert brothers. The story is about prehistoric cultures, archaeology, questions of reincarnation, and brings back some characters from the previous four Arizona historicals-- most especially Sam and Abby Ryker (from Arizona Sunset).

In this snippet, the hero and heroine, Holly and Vince are coming to an understanding-- of sorts.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Outside, the air was fresh and clear, the stars highly visible overhead.
     “What did you want to say that others couldn’t hear?” she asked when he stopped her at the corrals and turned to face her.
     “They could have. I thought you might prefer they not.”
     “Why?”
     “For this.” He reached out and pulled her to him. She never even thought of resisting as he put his arms around her and bent to claim her lips. The kiss was like none she’d known as she felt herself melt into his body in a way that went beyond the physical. Warmth surged through her. She wanted the kiss to last forever. What was this?
     “You weren’t supposed to do that,” she said with a smile, when he finally released her and stepped back.
     “On that we agree.” His smile was self-mocking. The half moon was rising. The light of it gave his face an eerie glow, almost otherworldly.
     “We agreed before that you would not go with me to the Cibecue.”
     “It hadn’t gotten to that point. Connie wanted me to do it, but you and I had never gotten specific regarding it.”
     “It would be a bad idea.”
     He smiled again. “Probably but I’m going to do it.”
     “You know you shouldn’t, Vince.” It was the first time she had used his name. It rolled off her lips as though she had used it hundreds of times.
     “I know that too, but I am going. There is one condition.”
     “You are so dictatorial.”
     He laughed. “Sometimes. This though is where you will agree, or I will do everything I can to stop your going at all. And I have more influence in that than you might imagine.”
     “I am listening.”
     “You are boss of the digging. I am boss of security.”
     “What does that mean?”
     “It means where we camp, traveling to and from it, the guns, the things you want to do that I say are not safe. You listen to me.”
     “Of course, I’d listen.” She didn’t like even saying that.
     “More than listen. Obey.”
     Never in her life had she imagined hearing a man say that word and her not becoming infuriated. Instead, she felt heated in a different way. “I don’t believe you’d shut down this whole venture for that.”
     “Believe it. This is going to be more dangerous than you can imagine right now. If you can’t listen to commonsense, it would be even worse.”
     “I do understand its danger.” She wasn’t willing to tell him about the dreams.
    “Then you understand it’s not a world you know anything about. I have been there, can help you, but I won’t do it if you are going to risk your life or others out of stubbornness.”
     “You make me so mad.” She felt like yelling at him.
     “I know.”
     “All right, but tell me this-- why did you kiss me?”
     “It was what I wanted to do all night.”
     “And you always do what you want?”
     He shook his head. “No, not always. A kiss though isn’t much to give a man, who you might be asking to die for you.”