The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Reality is what exactly?





Currently I have a lot going on where I could write about it-- especially editing issues; but I had another thing I've been setting aside related to where a writer finds inspiration-- which is sometimes from the news. While I am doing word for word editing to get the first Oregon historical in shape to come out, I thought I'd share a few of those stories that interested me-- even though currently they aren't playing into a story of my own.


One of the complaints about romances is they are not realistic enough. Except what is realistic? There are things that happen in life that simply cannot be explained. Such a story was in the Missoulian a week or two back.



If you take the time to read the story, I think it offers some interesting thoughts. The one that I particularly liked was this,
"...Wayne came to her one other time, as she sat in a kiva at the sacred Chaco Canyon site in the Four Corners region during a vacation. You belong here, she says he told her, and so she packed her belongings, found 35 acres in a remote canyon, built a home and found her calling in Navajo education. Paula, now 69, remains there today."     from the Missoulian
I've sat in those kivas, like the one in the photo above. We spent several nights in the campground in 1999, sleeping in our van and walking the trails to various ruins. There is a very mystical feel there whether one has a lost love or not. 


The belief is that Chaco, which has very photographic ruins, was not where the Anasazi people lived other than possibly priests. It was a spiritual center and roads lead to it from communities all around New Mexico and northern Arizona. People doubtlessly came there for their rituals and important religious celebrations-- some of which might be much like the Hopi have today.

Chaco is a place that goes beyond special with some ruins right off the loop drive and others that require a hike. I can so relate to what this woman felt and how their story didn't end with his death. Many people have had such experiences but only share them with the ones who will understand and not feel they are crazy.