The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Diablo Canyon

As I mentioned in the previous blog, things come along to change my mind on many things. I do not consider myself wishy-washy, but I am one of those who loves nuance and likes being flexible. I can decide something is going to happen and then change my mind when new information comes along. In some ways I am the ideal Aquarius, open to the new world and changes. Except in reality I am not an Aquarius, not even in minor elements of astrology. What I am though is a Libra and most Libras are also open to changes as they are often dabbling in this or that and curious about the supernatural.


This kind of change came along with my fantasy novellas after I decided  they would be published as a trilogy-- Diablo Canyon. I had decided they would be in one book as a paperback but was in no hurry to see them put together. 

Also I didn't have in mind changing them at all for that compilation. In the novellas I had deliberately chosen to leave out sex mostly because in a novella, you are pushed to get a complex story told using less words. A book length isn't so particular. When I put them together, I decided to give my characters a fuller romantic experience. For readers who prefer closing the bedroom door on such goings on, the novellas will stay as they were.

More about the cover coming next blog but it was a factor in changing my mind on making Diablo Canyon into an eBook as well as paperback. I liked a cover from Jenneta Dodge, aka., Charlene Raddon, at her site [http://cover-ops.blogspot.com/]. When I decided on it, I wanted the book to be more widely seen than a paperback was likely to be.


These three novellas, are set in the ranchland around Billings, Montana to tell a story of life and spirit. It's about what is or might be and how much do we really know about the world we cannot see. For those who don't think such a world exists, how about atoms, subatomic particles, what is out there in space ;)? There is a lot where we take someone's word for its existence or go by the effects that are seen!





So, part one is about whether there fairness in life and what happens when we die, using two couples who are struggling to find their happily ever after while tragedy seems ever ready to put a period to their existence. 

Through all three stories, there are two spirit guides, Remus and Justus, who are attempting to communicate with their charges and make their lives better. When fates conspire is that possible?





In The Dark of the Moon, the story advances a year and a half with a new hero and heroine. The questions explored here get more into what can we really see of the spirit world. Are there those who can communicate with the 'other' side? It is also more about the ranch world as well as when something threatens us is it always physical? Can we make assumptions as to what it is that block us from actually dealing with it?  



The trilogy is wrapped up in Storm in the Canyon when three powerful women of different generations will be matched with three powerful men, all with their own secrets, their own destinies. It is about power and why do some want it? How can we change our world? By this time, the main characters have long since learned life is more complex than most humans assume. This love story is one of two people litterally from different worlds and times.

All three are romances, stories of adventure, fantasy, but they also explore the way our actions have consequences. Some do't look beyond the immediate and pay a high price for their short-sightedness.  Diablo Canyon, as many believe other vortexes do, has been drawing power to itself through natural events, which are now being used by timeless beings with a desire to retake their power. 

Each of these stories takes the question of what is real one step farther into the unknown. I label them fantasy or paranormal but they are pretty metaphysical in that I have heard from one person or another that pretty much anything I have happen-- can and has-- but it's not the norm with which we live. 

One key point to Diablo Canyon is-- just be aware of what is around you, listen to others, pay attention to history. That little second sight, the times you look back-- sure someone was there but there isn't-- maybe there was.

I suppose here's a good place to add that I, like Myra in the second of the three books, had an imaginary playmate as a child. I knew his name and told my parents-- which gave them concern, as many parents would feel. I then quit seeing him. But that doesn't mean he isn't still there and helping me with my stories when he thinks I need a nudge. ;)