The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Sunday, February 10, 2013

musing on muses

If you write, paint, sculpt or pretty much do any art form, you are likely aware you have those happenings that seem serendipitous. You are writing (painting/sculpting/drawing) along with a pretty good idea of where you are going but something just appears from seemingly nowhere and it fits so beautifully that you are in awe. 


I think this kind of thing happens most when you are working and not waiting. I consider this sort of thing as happening more when I know where the work is going, have the structure in my head, but it's the fleshing out where the serendipity comes along. Something happens that I can't imagine ahead of time and yet, there it is.

This week, on my WIP (work in progress), I had one of these moments. When I had finished the segment, I thought-- do I have a muse helping me? I had begun writing a scene where I thought it'd provide nice atmosphere but wasn't thinking of deeper meaning. When I finished it, the deeper meaning was clearly there.

I don't have the answer to why, but I sure like the help this kind of moment provides. It's often a tiny little element to the overall work and maybe a reader would pass right over it as nothing significant but for me it's what writing/painting/sculpture are all about-- and very encouraging when it happens.


I only wish that kind of thing would work with marketing........................

 photos are desert wildflowers in Southern Arizona and do relate to the serendipity

.