The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

streams in the desert


After the rains, Tucsonians know to head for the stream beds. Many will have been dry, sometimes for months. Rain will change all of that, and desert dwellers know it. Because it's winter, the recent rains meant the Catalina Mountains have snow on their tops. That means the streams will have water for awhile as at least some of that snow won't last long.

Sunday when it was in the low 60s, we were among the many thrilled to have time once again with flowing water. People were in a good mood even as some weren't quite sure how to cross the streams without getting their feet wet. Me, I have no such problem as the one thing I most want to do is get my feet wet. It is part of the experience, and the price I pay is figuring out how to dry wet tennis shoes once I get home.

Since I have been here over many years, I can remember times where crossing this stream meant almost hip high. I don't do this, of course, when the floods are at the dangerous levels, where flash floods are likely, where the water has the force to take down trees. One year, after such a flood, the whole canyon view was changed with most of the big trees gone, those without the right roots to hold on.

With the novella finished, my mind has switched back the novel I had expected to be writing while here. Being out on the desert, wading these streams, seeing the wonderful, lush desert terrain is all part of getting in the mood to do that. One afternoon I will go down to the museums and look for expansions of my thinking, but right now I am more in the mood to go wading.


Nature is a wonderful healer. Whenever the world gets to feeling like it's too much, I recommend finding places out in it. City park, backyard, or a wonderful place like Arizona's Catalina State Park which was set aside by earlier generations. Aren't we lucky there were people like that back then. I hope we can carry on their legacy for future generations!