The books range on length from novels (60-130,000 words) to novellas (20-40,000 words). My books do have sex between consenting adults. The novellas are mostly ♥♥♥. Novels are ♥♥♥♥. There is some violence and mild profanity.

------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

sexiest man alive-- or not

Anybody who reads or has read romances knows this-- they are about the men as much as the women-- gorgeous, strong, awesome men. They are the kind of man that a woman will turn and look after he passes. Even if the hero is ugly (he is in one of my books) the heroine sees him as beautiful and he projects power to all around him. Always these men are sexy. They might be Cary Grant or Clark Gable, maybe Edward Pattinson or Brad Pitt but rugged or smooth, young or mature, one way or another they are gorgeous-- at least in her eyes.


Every year People puts out an issue where they name the sexiest man alive. Naturally they never get it right. How can you narrow it down to one sexiest man alive? Not possible. Last year they picked the wrong Ryan. This year they improved but still didn't get it right.

Okay, I get it because I did enjoy Channing Tatum in Magic Mike. What-- you thought I'd be too old to see that film? How about buy it? I knew I'd need to see it more than once-- for research purposes obviously *smiling*.  Cute he is, but he's not the sexiest man alive. In fact after their choice from last year, I am wondering if they don't choose safe over sexy. (Romance novel heroes are rarely safe.)

What does it take to be sexy to a woman? Well I can't speak for all women but I think Channing Tatum is on the young side. I love a sense of humor and glint in the eye. Cannot beat that glint in the eye-- you know the one that says they know something you would like to know. Intelligence or commonsense is high up there also. But at the top of my list is sense of humor. Gorgeous is good but sense of humor is what makes it all work.

Anyway reading on who they did pick this time as well as who they should have, I came across the following as to who it should have been in 2010. I not only agreed but also realized that I am missing a lot by never watching regular TV. I think I'll bookmark this advertisement-- never know when I might need to do some er research...